Our childbirth classes can be taught either at your home (me, you and your support person) or in a small group setting. The class is about 2 hours in length, with some time after for questions and answers.
Either option will include the same information but in the one-on-one option we can spend a bit more time on your individual goals and concerns. This class is for every mom. Regardless of where or how you plan to give birth you will find this content extremely helpful and empowering. As mentioned above in the one on one option we can focus on your specific birthing goals and dive deeper into your birth plan.
During our childbirth class we will cover:
- Basics of pregnancy
- How to plan your birth
- Common interventions and the risks associated with them
- Birth settings
- Pain management and comfort measures
- How a doula can help
- How to prepare your partner, tips on how they can support you
- What to expect during labor, the phases of labor, the process of childbirth
- Breastfeeding crash course
- Baby care basics
- How to care for yourself postpartum, information for your partner on what they should be doing
- What to look out for in terms of mood disorders
With this information, you will go into your birth feeling more prepared and empowered. If you hire me as your doula to support you during your birth, we will have additional time to work together and you’ll have me right there to support you and your partner. This class is a must for every mother, whether it’s your first or your fifth.
New courses begin in June 2020. Contact me for more information and updates.
Amber Ginn IBCLC, IYCFS, CD